Please consider supporting our on-going Capital Needs Program!
Unlike other senior centers in our area, the Via Center is a private, non-profit organization. We receive only a small part of our funding from the public sector. We must generate our own income to provide programs and community outreach services for the more than 49,000 seniors and community users we serve each year.
Our 42,000 square-foot facility has on-going capital needs. Please consider assisting us with these needs.
*** In-kind donations of equipment, materials and supplies and labor are welcomed! ***
GrandFriends Adult Daycare Upgrades for Veteran’s Referral Program
Safety doors and installation $3,000
Handicapped accessible tables/chairs $4,000
Patio upgrades - sun covering $2,800
Parking Lot Improvements
Repair, patching - $45,000
Roofing - $120,000
Sink - $800
Oven - $2,500
Tables - $1,200
Chairs - $1,200
General Maintenance - $5,000
Plumbing Upgrades - $25,000
Electrical Upgrades and Lighting - $25,000
Gymnasium Flooring Replacement - $14,000
Building Insulation - $3,000
Interior Wall Painting - $4,000
Lawn Care and Maintenance
Fencing Replacement - $4,000
Sprinkler System - $12,000
Energy Efficient Window Replacement - $30,000
Fitness Room Equipment - $4,000
Phone System for Senior Information and Referral Line - $6,000
Computers for Computer Lab/Training Classes - $3,600
Click Here for the Via Center Annual Report detailing revenues and expenditures.
Did you know that Via receives only a small portion (21%) of it funding from the City of Mobile. That support is much needed and appreciated, but the majority of our funding comes through competitive grants, performance contracts, special event income and donations from area businesses and individuals.
We work hard to keep our membership fees low, so help us keep Via vibrant and growing.
Via is YOUR Center and we need support from our members and partners to maintain the facility and pay for program and class costs.
Here are some things you can do to support your Center:
- Make a personal contribution to the Center’s Annual Appeal Campaign. Any level of contribution is appreciated
- Ask your friends, family or business contacts for a donation to the Center
- Ask your friends, family or business contacts for a sponsorship for a Special Event
- Provide staff with leads/contact information so we can follow up on possible donors
- Volunteer your time. Clerical work, such as filing, data entry, etc.
- Make calls to potential donors/participants for special events that generate revenue to operate the Center
- Serve on a Special Event Committee: Celebrate Seniors Annual Luncheon, Cool White Linen Night, Healthy Living Expo/Veterans Commemorative Ceremony, Annual Senior Resiliency Conference
- Participate in – or recruit participants – for a Special Event
- Recruit new members to the center. Consider giving a membership to a friend, co-worker of family members as a holiday gift.
- Recognize that special person with a Memorial or Honorarium.
- Serve in a Leadership Role.
Thank you to all who volunteer their time and talents in support of the Center. We couldn’t do it without you.
Please contact Director of Resource Development Barbara Estes at 251.470.5229 or email@example.com if you have any questions about how you can support your Center.