Click Here for information on 2016 Via Special Event/Fundraisers.
Click Here for the Via Center Annual Report detailing revenues and expenditures.
Did you know that Via receives only a small portion (12%) of it funding from the City of Mobile. That support is much needed and appreciated, but the majority of our funding comes through competitive grants, performance contracts, special event income and donations from area businesses and individuals.
We work hard to keep our membership fees low, so help us keep Via vibrant and growing.
Via is YOUR Center and we need support from our members and partners to maintain the facility (fitness center, gymnasium, cafeteria, auditorium, transportation) and pay for program and class costs.
Here are some things you can do to support your Center:
- Make a personal contribution to the Center’s Annual Appeal Campaign. Any level of contribution is appreciated
- Ask your friends, family or business contacts for a donation to the Center
- Ask your friends, family or business contacts for a sponsorship for a Special Event
- Provide staff with leads/contact information so we can follow up on possible donors
- Volunteer your time. Clerical work, such as filing, data entry, etc.
- Make calls to potential donors/participants for special events that generate revenue to operate the Center
- Serve on a Special Event Committee: Corks in the Courtyard, BayBears Bowl for Via, Cool White Linen Night, Via Bolt 5K Run/Walk, Rhythm and Brews
- Participate in – or recruit participants – for a Special Event
- Recruit new members to the center. Consider giving a membership to a friend, co-worker of family members as a holiday gift.
- Recognize that special person with a Memorial or Honorarium.
- Serve in a Leadership Role.
- Serve on our new committee being formed, the Via Ambassadors Club. This group will work to develop financial support for the Center through member-to-member outreach and community/business outreach.
Thank you to all who volunteer their time and talents in support of the Center. We couldn’t do it without you.
Please contact Director of Resource Development Barbara Estes at 251.470.5229 or bestes@viamobile if you have any questions about how you can support your Center.